[X2Go-Dev] x2go "group policies" (was Re: Published Applications)

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Fri Apr 20 10:52:47 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

Le 20/04/2012 10:06, Stefan Baur a écrit :
> Am 20.04.2012 09:49, schrieb Terje Andersen:
>
>> * what kind of session the user(s)/group(s) should be able to access/use
>
> And again, this can and should be solved by setting proper access rights
> in the file system.

one thing I am missing from nx is in fact the nxacl file. It allowed me
to setup access rights depending no the source ip and login of users and
time of the day. For example I have one group of user that can login
from the internal network only, while another group of road warriors
that can log both from local or remote location. It is very cumbersome
to do at the ssh level, and the nxacl file was very handy to do this.
Perhaps there is a way to reproduce this behavior in x2go, and sorry if
I missed it.

On the file ACL point of view, I thing the apparmor/selinux/nameyourown
framework way to be much more clean. I don't like much the idea to
change ACL on programs because of maintainability, for example on
software upgrade and all (and IMHO security needs maintainability), and
I think a broader framework to be more suitable (no opinion on which one).

my 2 cents,

Cheers,

Denis