[X2Go-Dev] Published Applications

Terje Andersen teranders at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:49:02 CEST 2012

Den 20. april 2012 08:26, skrev Moritz Strübe:
> Am 20.04.2012 01:26, Terje Andersen schrieb:
>> This had nothing to do with filesystem permissions, or ACL. For those
>> who have worked with Group Policies in Active Directory, or Policies
>> in Citrix environments, this should be familiar functionality for you.
>> Something like this would be of use in X2go also in my view, hence my
>> suggestion.
> Due to the way x2go works this would install pseudo-security. It was
> hard work getting rid of that in x2go and significantly improving the
> overall security in x2go by doing so. Therefore, if you see your
> suggestion as a way of distributing different configurations to
> different clients, it might be worth a second thought, as it saves one
> from having to mess with user rights when distributing. If you want to
> keep someone from running a certain application, this is the wrong way.

Hi Morty and list,

My suggestion was about enforcing configuration, yes.

I'm sorry that I didn't explain my point good enough in my previous
email, but if you look at the page I linked to, you will hopefully see
the value in something like the (wrongfully named) nxacl.

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_HowtoACL

This is similar to what NoMachine calls User Profiles which consists of
rules (in their terminology).
http://www.nomachine.com/documents/admin-guide.php  (chapter 8)

In my view, being able to enforce or restrict
* what kind of session the user(s)/group(s) should be able to access/use
* what kind of bandwidth (LAN/WAN/ADSL/dialup)
* printing for certain user(s)/group(s)/server(s)
* clipboard - only at server or client
* use of shared folders (for the x2go session)
* + many more possibilities

... is valuable.

If it should be implemented, that's not for me to say (although I would
love it if it was), it was a suggestion on how to solve this question:

"2) Is the a way to configure x2oserver to accept only "published
applications" without any desktop environment ?"

Best regards,
Terje