[X2Go-Dev] Published Applications

Moritz Strübe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Apr 20 08:26:03 CEST 2012

Am 20.04.2012 01:26, Terje Andersen schrieb:
> This had nothing to do with filesystem permissions, or ACL. For those
> who have worked with Group Policies in Active Directory, or Policies
> in Citrix environments, this should be familiar functionality for you.
> Something like this would be of use in X2go also in my view, hence my
> suggestion.

Due to the way x2go works this would install pseudo-security. It was
hard work getting rid of that in x2go and significantly improving the
overall security in x2go by doing so. Therefore, if you see your
suggestion as a way of distributing different configurations to
different clients, it might be worth a second thought, as it saves one
from having to mess with user rights when distributing. If you want to
keep someone from running a certain application, this is the wrong way.

Cheers
Morty