[X2Go-Dev] @Alex, @Mike - more info - BUG REPORT - X2Go Client 3.99.2.1-rc2 does not work on Windows XP

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Thu Apr 19 21:48:54 CEST 2012

Am 19.04.2012 21:45, schrieb Oleksandr Shneyder:

>> Out of curiosity, were you using the same Visual C++ build environment
>> on XP and on Windows 7?  If not, maybe it would be possible to install
>> the old Visual C++ environment on the Windows 7 host?
>>
>> Microsoft support for XP will end August 4, 2014, so we have to support
>> this OS/x2goclient combination for a little more than two years - somehow.
>>

> I don't using Visual C++ for building X2Go Client and don't have Visual
> Studio installed at all. This msvcr90.dll is kind of system library, I
> think.

*Something* that you*re using to build the client insists on this
library though, and it didn't do so when you built it on XP.

I could try to sniff out the old client to check if it attempts to use
older versions of the same DLL (which could, in theory, be present on a
default XP install), would that help?

-Stefan