[X2Go-Dev] Fwd: Re: [X2Go-User] Client for PowerPC Macs ?

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Tue Apr 17 09:42:51 CEST 2012

Am 17.04.2012 09:34, schrieb Mike Gabriel:

> As you are the one who gives his time to the Mac builds currently, it is
> fully ok to say: No, we will not support old Mac OS versions on old PPC
> hardware. Esp. if you cannot test the build, I guess it does not make
> much sense giving time and effort for this backporting project.
>
> My 2¢,
> Mike

Seconded.  I'm not sure if recent (10.6, 10.7) OS X versions are
available for PPC, if they are, I guess we should support them, but as I
already wrote in my poll, 10.5 is not receiving security updates any
more, so the same goes for 10.4.  We should not waste time supporting
seriously outdated versions.  Same goes for Windows: I haven't tried if
the Windows X2Go Client runs on Windows 95, 98, Millenium, NT
3.something, NT 4 or W2K.  Maybe it does, but I wouldn't rush to help
anyone if it doesn't.

We should limit our support to operating systems still supported by
their manufacturer/distributor.

Unless, of course, somebody proves me wrong by showing that a large part
of our userbase is running on such manufacturer-unsupported operating
systems.

John A. Sullivan III, or Dick Kniep, maybe?

-Stefan