[X2Go-Dev] Fwd: Re: [X2Go-User] Client for PowerPC Macs ?

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Tue Apr 17 01:12:11 CEST 2012

> ----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von mark.dammer at googlemail.com -----
>      Datum: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:58:12 +0100
>        Von: Mark Dammer <mark.dammer at googlemail.com>
>    Betreff: Re: [X2Go-User] Client for PowerPC Macs ?
>         An: x2go-user at lists.berlios.de
>
> [...]
> I just tried it on a G4 running 10.4 "Tiger".

Currently x2oclient.app supports Mac OS X 10.5 and up on ppc, x86 and x86_64.
Whilst I could rebuild basing stuff on the 10.4 SDK, I can't test any build
myself and it may require code changes to work.
This would also mean a downgrade from GCC 4.2 to GCC 4.0... gnargh. At least
x2go is not using C++11 features...

> Doing some research on the net I found that it looks that the problem is that
> the GCC stack smashing protector is not supported under "Tiger" and that the
> package should be built without the  -fstack-protector-all option.

Nah. Thanks for searching around, but I know how to fix this.

I'll look into that and get back.

Best regards,

Mihai