[X2Go-Dev] BUG REPORT - X2Go Client 3.99.2.1-rc1 for windows is ready for testing

Oleksandr Shneyder oleksandr.shneyder at obviously-nice.de
Mon Apr 16 21:05:28 CEST 2012

Am 16.04.2012 19:25, schrieb Stefan Baur:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I believe you're looking for the problem in the wrong location.  (Or
> maybe you misunderstood my bug report.)
> The way I see it, pulseaudio on the client just flat out refuses to run
> while %USERPROFILE%\.x2go\pulse\.pulse\%COMPUTERNAME%-runtime\pid exists.
>
> Proof for my theory:
> When I close all x2goclient.exe-related tasks (ssh and whatnot) and run
> x2goclient.exe again I still have no sound when reconnecting.
>
> BUT: as soon as I close x2goclient.exe, manually delete the pid file and
> restart x2goclient.exe, I *do* have working sound when reconnecting.
>
> Of course, suspending *while the video is running* will have the effect
> described by you, but that's *not* the issue I'm reporting.  I'm waiting
> for the video to finish (I was originally tryingo to find out if the
> pulseaudio stability issues when playing long videos are gone), so there
> is no active application like flashplayer trying to push data to
> pulseaudio.
>
> -Stefan

okay, it's strange. This why I asked you if you can see pulseaudio in
task manager :) In my case there is no problem starting pulseaudio if
%USERPROFILE%\.x2go\pulse\.pulse\%COMPUTERNAME%-runtime\pid exists and I
cannot reproduce your issue. I'll provide you a new binary tomorrow and
you can check if the problem still exists.

Regards
Alex
--
Oleksandr Shneyder