[X2Go-Dev] @Alex: x2goclient feature request

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Wed Apr 11 10:50:32 CEST 2012

Am 11.04.2012 10:35, schrieb christoffer krakou:

> Hi alex and andrew
>
> Another option could be tampering with session files. You can specify
> everything in the session file, and tell the x2go client what session to
> use with the --session switch. I think that would be the most elegant
> solution

No, it is not. It means keeping a bunch of sessions files, one per user,
when one single file would do.  A royal PITA to keep those in sync.

> However, i don't know where x2go keeps the session files on the windows
> platform. On linux, it keeps them in $HOME/.x2goclient (if i remember
> right)

The default in Windows is to use the registry instead of a sessions
file. This can be overridden by specifying --portable, which puts you in
exactly this situation that you can either keep dozens of sessions
files, or simply specify the current user with --user=%username% in a
shortcut (something like a symlink on *nix, with the option to specify
additional parameters).  Of course, this will only work after Ales added
support for --user in non-LDAP mode.

-Stefan