[X2Go-Dev] Ping Alex - Re: PulseAudio 1.1 for Win32

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Tue Apr 3 08:59:23 CEST 2012

Am 03.04.2012 05:23, schrieb Mike Gabriel:

> I am currently contracted for fixing PyHoca-GUI on Windows 7.

Out of curiousity, will your fixes work for XP and Vista as well? (I
remember other users on the list complaining about slow startup; my
attempts to run PyHoca-GUI failed completely.)

> With PyHoca-GUI this seems to be a great improvement. I guess, that we
> should ship pulseaudio 1.1 with x2goclient, as well (if not already
> done, sorry for not being up-to-date here).

This is something Alex and I discussed just yesterday. :-D  Funny
coincidence.  Following his suggestion, I already experimented with it
(it is possible to switch between old and new pulseaudio during a
running session, as long as there's no application that wants to play
sound at the moment you're switching) and it seems to work a lot better
(no more freezes/crashes when playing long youtube videos, etc.).

It would be nice if Alex could provide us with a timeframe - if it will
take a while and there's sufficient interest on the list, I could try to
write a wrapper that slaps the new pulseaudio over the old one, per
x2goclient-call, or at least publish the steps I used for testing so
more experienced users can try it manually.

-Stefan