[X2go-Dev] x2godesktopsharing integration into x2goserver

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Sep 30 15:17:11 CEST 2011

Op 29-09-11 08:23, Mike Gabriel schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> yesterday I have been working on the C++ code in x2godesktopsharing.

Great!
How is the status at the moment, does it work correct?

> To make sure that x2godesktopsharing really gets shutdown on
> x2goterminate-session, I have added a script to the x2godesktopsharing
> package that detects the corresponding x2godesktopsharing process for a
> given session $X2GO_SESSION. This script ,,x2godesktopsharing-terminate"
> will be exectuted by ,,x2goterminate-session".
>
> This brought up the next question: how do we want to handle
> x2godesktopsharing while a session is suspended. This older versions of
> X2go (I think) this has been possible. I consider this as a security
> problem and something that most users do not want. Imagine the scenario:
>
>   o start x2go session
>   o start x2godesktopsharing
>   o allow user foo to share your desktop and remember this setting
> permanently
>     (via .x2godesktopsharing/settings)
>   o suspend your session (and x2godesktopsharing continues to offer desktop
>     sharing... :-( )
>   o user foo tries to connect to your desktop while you are away (while
>     your session is suspended
>   o -> this is YUK!

I don't understand why you see this a problem. The user has given this
right to foo.

As a sysadmin, I would like to do my work even when the user has gone
for a lunch or something like that. When there are programs open like
Mozilla or OOo, it's problematic to start them from another session.

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl