[X2go-Dev] x2goserver goes pluggable

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Sep 30 09:08:27 CEST 2011

Hi Morty,

On Fr 30 Sep 2011 08:40:40 CEST Moritz Struebe wrote:

> sounds reasonable to me. A few things that came to mind when reading
> the page (it it not a request to fix the - just a few thoughts):

:-)

> * what happens to stdout and stderr? What is propagated to the
> client/logfile/</dev/null>?

The x2goserver-run-extensions script silence the sub-scripts complete.
Just committed to Git. Thanks.

> * Why always return 0? At least for pre-* it might be nice if
> something can fail.

Hmmmm... Really depends on the use case. On the one hand you are right
on the other hand failing extensions scare me. Hmmm...

> * What do you mean with "fail during execution"? Maybe something
> like "Return codes are ignored and failures are therefore not
> propagated" is easier to understand.

Added to the man page.

> * Most other systems have two-digit ordering

4 digits reduced to three... (I expect thousands of extensions ;-).

> * I'd make digit ordering the rule, not a suggestion

Changed! Will be in next commit.

> * What about the environment? What information do I get
> (client-string/version/username/remote ip)?

You have the SESSION_NAME (as $1). With that the subscripts can obtain
the rest (from x2golistsessions etc.).

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B