[X2go-Dev] README.i18n

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Sep 29 17:24:32 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 2011-09-29 17:00, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Morty,
>
> On Do 29 Sep 2011 12:12:35 CEST Moritz Struebe wrote:
>
>> I just gave it a quick try and it does not look too bad:
>> https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/x2go/
>> The only disadvantage is, that the server is a bit slow, but
>> translating 50 strings probably takes significantly longer...
>> And if you want to use your local tools you can just download the
>> file and upload it after translating - still simpler then messing
>> with git.... ;)
>
> How do the files get checked into our Git? If I commit changes on a
> language file to our Git are they synced to transifex? Could you draw
> a verbal sketch how a workflow could be like?

Push: They have an automatic import, that pulls from webgit (I activated
it, but I have no idea how often the pull). Alternatively their client
can be used to push changes per skipt or automatically per cron-job.
Pull: Cron-job (or script) pulls the data from the website (wget or
client) and commits it to git using a special user (i18n). Rights
management is done on the via transifex website. In any case we can undo
erroneous commits.

Cheers
Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty