[X2go-Dev] X2go i18n team

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Sep 27 09:34:43 CEST 2011

Hi all,

we would like to set up an i18n team for X2go.

The task of this team will be the maintenance of translation files in
all X2go projects that utilize translation mechanism. Do I need to be
able to read and write code for this? Definitely, no! Become a member
of a translation team is a possibility to be in close contact to the
developer team without necessarily being able to code. Only
pre-requisite: you use X2go quite regularly and no the functionalities
of the X2go components... plus: your English is good enough to find
good translations of menu items, dialog boxes, etc.

Each translator is responsible for the translation files of his/her
language. Of course, it is also possible to maintain one translation
language as a sub-team (that is: one language is maintained by more
than one person).

Currently these applications are using translation features:

   x2goclient
   pyhoca-gui
   x2gognomebindings
   plasma-widget-x2go (KDE$ binding)
   x2godesktopsharing
   x2goadmincenter
   ... (possibly more to come) ...

The idea is to have a dedicated mailing list for announcing x2go-i18n
issues (mostly mails like: ,,i18n Team, please translate
this-and-that'' and a permanent team (with fluctuations, if needed,
but preferably not so much fluctuation among the team members) that
feels responsible and dedicated to providing a multi-lingual X2go
environment to the world.

The tools that we use for translations are currently versatile.
Depending on the team we will find ways to standardize the translation
technologies (if the team members are flexible with using different
i18n tools, then this may not be needed).

So, if you are interested in contributing translations to X2go and
join the development realm by this approach, please-please-please
subscribe to