[X2go-Dev] libssh, nagle, and performance issues

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Sep 20 12:46:13 CEST 2011

Hi John,

On Di 20 Sep 2011 12:37:18 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 14:54 +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> On Mo 19 Sep 2011 13:44:15 CEST Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
>>
>> > hmmm, ok, seems you are right :) Can you apply this patch to source tree
>> > and I'll try to build a windows binary tomorrow.
>> >
>> > regards,
>> > Alex
>>
>> patch has been committed. I'll build new packages for Debian tonight
>> (I am at a customer location right now).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>>
> <snip>
> I can confirm the significant improvement in performance.  For example,
> and what really made me think Nagle, my ping results display much
> better.  When doing ping tests previously, the results would stutter
> even though the response times were nearly even.  In fact, sometimes I
> would seem to miss a packet only to have two display the next second.
> They are now perfectly smooth.

PERFECT!!!!

I have also checked python-x2go for TCP_NODELAY issues. And: audio had
Nagle still turned on, now Nagle is turned off for all sorts of
tunneling in python-x2go, as well. (Audio is now much smoother than it
was before).

> However, we still have a BIG problem.  X2Go client printing still
> segfaults the entire client every single time we try to print.  Phil has
> confirmed this independently from me.  Any ETA on that fix? Thanks -
> John

I have just fixed a build problem on Debian wheezy/sid with
x2goclient. I tested the newly built package locally and printing
works, never encountered any problem before, though. But this might be
because I am mainly using pyhoca-gui for working with X2go.

Packages with the cupsprint.h patch are currently building and should
be available in half an hour's time. Please check, if the problem is
solved with them.

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B