[X2go-Dev] [X2go-User] Is http://x2go.obviously-nice.de/deb/ down?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Sep 16 16:38:50 CEST 2011

Hi Jian,

On Fr 16 Sep 2011 14:21:30 CEST Jian Ren wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> Thank you! But I am still on Ubuntu Hardy, got command not found for
> add-apt-repository. Any other solutions?
> Jian
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Mike Gabriel <
> mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jian,

You could use the source code from our Debian lenny backport and build
your own packages for Ubuntu hardy:

git clone git://code.x2go.org/x2goserver.git
cd x2goserver
git checkout backport-lenny
debuild -uc -us
cd ..
sudo dpkg -i x2goserver*.deb

Same applies to other packages on X2go Git. For a working server you need:

nxcomp
nxcompshad
nxcompext
x2goagent
x2goserver
x2golxdebindings (or x2gognomebindings)

If they do not have a backport-lenny branch (use git.x2go.org to
browse the repositories via web browser) then the master branch builds
fine on lenny (and should on hardy), if there is a backport-lenny
branch, then you need to checkout the backport-lenny branch before you
run debuild.

Note that the backport-lenny branches are 2 months old, work well but
do not include latest patches and fixes.

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B