[X2go-Dev] Status load balancing in X2go, and alternatives

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Sep 14 09:43:04 CEST 2011

Op 13-09-11 12:44, Mike Gabriel schreef:
> Hi again,
>
> On Di 13 Sep 2011 11:19:38 CEST Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>> What is the status of load balancing in X2go?
>>
>> Is it eventually an idea to use an load balancing system what is more
>> generic? Someone experience with X2go?
>
> X2go has load balancing included in x2goclient code. On possible
> mechanism for load balancing is using LDAP. We currently do not offer
> LDAP bootstrap utilities any more, though. And it is not documented in
> the Wiki either. A real deficit that you digged out.

Do you think the older LDAP bootstrap utilities will still work?

> Tools for X2go http broker based load balancing are currently under
> development, but not yet released for the public. This is all x2goclient
> based, currently.

What do you mean with "http broker based"?  (I really don't understand
what you mean)  Who is working on it?  Is it in git?

What do you know about bigger excisting installations? Are there
installations with load balancing, eventually with an older version of X2go?

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl