[X2go-Dev] libssh, nagle, and performance issues

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Oct 19 16:15:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 16:07 +0200, Moritz Struebe wrote:
> On 2011-10-19 15:47, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > Hmm . . . I suppose that means it would not be
> > Nagle as other applications are working properly.  Oh well but, as an
> > aside, we would consider the Firefox problem to be another critical
> > error blocking production release.
> Just out of curiosity: Does ff have anything on nfs? I had this very
> strange behaviour using TB when my mails were stored on NFS. Oddly I had
> the feeling that this was worse using x2go. (No the latter is not
> reasonable in any way. ;) )
<snip>
Hi, Morty.  Thanks for asking.  No, it is presented as local storage
but it is pulling across an iSCSI connection.  The problem is greatly
exacerbated in the libssh versions.  The older X2Go version gave about a
3 second delay which was annoying.  The newer versions give a 16-20
second delay which is just about unusable.  As reported earlier, we
notice it most with AJAX intensive sites - John