[X2go-Dev] libssh, nagle, and performance issues

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Oct 19 01:05:45 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 06:37 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 14:54 +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > On Mo 19 Sep 2011 13:44:15 CEST Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
> >
> > > hmmm, ok, seems you are right :) Can you apply this patch to source tree
> > > and I'll try to build a windows binary tomorrow.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Alex
> >
> > patch has been committed. I'll build new packages for Debian tonight
> > (I am at a customer location right now).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
> >
> <snip>
> I can confirm the significant improvement in performance.  For example,
> and what really made me think Nagle, my ping results display much
> better.  When doing ping tests previously, the results would stutter
> even though the response times were nearly even.  In fact, sometimes I
> would seem to miss a packet only to have two display the next second.
> They are now perfectly smooth.
>
> However, we still have a BIG problem.  X2Go client printing still
> segfaults the entire client every single time we try to print.  Phil has
> confirmed this independently from me.  Any ETA on that fix? Thanks -
> John
<snip>
Mike, have we had a regression in the heuler code to reintroduce this
problem? I'm noticing similar behavior.  I thought is was an Internet
connectivity issue on my part as we were having issues but we spent
hours today confirming that the circuits had been repaired and Internet
performance is better than ever here in the test lab but we are still
seeing the delayed screen painting.  The client is 3.99.0.2.  Thanks -
John