[X2go-Dev] Wiki relaunch

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Fri Oct 14 21:35:20 CEST 2011

Hello list,

I've made some major changes to the wiki installation so that our
dokuwiki installation can be used as well as our project website.
Because of some big changes it was not able to change the wiki for the
time of one week.
I've changed the name server entry some minutes ago so that the new wiki
pages will be accessible in the next hours or days (depending on where
you are). You will recognize the new pages by the projects own colors
(blue and white) and the new page contents of the front page.
I've added a notification area showing you the way to the old TOC-like
front page.
As it was not possible for me to change every item of my todo list,
you'll find a lot of FIXMEs on the pages, but they will vanish time
after time.
You'll be able to log in with your existing account. The wiki
configuration buttons are now located on the bottom of the site. There
will be no sidebar any more, but you will find direct links on a bar on
the top. There's still space left for further direct links.
Other than before you'll be able to edit wiki pages direct after
registration - please keep in mind that we believe that everybody who
joins the team wants to help our project.
I can answer now Mikes question if it is possible to send all wiki
changes to a mailing list: yes it will be possible.
Even inf the new documentation pages aren’t ready now I would like to
convince you to use namespaces in future. By using namespaces inside
dokuwiki it will be possible to add localisation support to the pages
and to have separated navigation and information spaces.
All frontpages of a namespace are named "index" and should contain TOCs
like lists to the contents of the regarding namespace.
I'll include pagetemplates very soon to make wikipages look more uniform.
Again: the new wiki is work in progress. But as it is already usable I
think it is the best to start using it.

Regards,

Heinz