[X2go-Dev] 100% Reproducible: x2go session crash problem

Benjamin Shadwick benshadwick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:43:22 CEST 2011

Andrew,

Does this happen using the x2go package versions in the stable PPA (*
ppa:x2go/stable*)? I experienced the crashing issue with the nightly/testing
PPA (*ppa:x2go/ppa*) on Ubuntu 11.04, but on advice from these mailing lists
I reverted to the stable PPA versions and the problem went away.

I haven't yet tested with the new stable versions that were just released
today; I'm hoping that the crash bug isn't now in those.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Andrew Mason <andrew.mason at voice.net.au>wrote:

> Hello,
> We have recently started using x2go internally and although it's wonderful,
> we
> have encountered the same issue that was discussed previously.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.devel/2461
>
> After googling a bit it seems like this is still unsolved. I have a 100%
> reliable way to reproduce the issue and a publicly accessible server which
> can
> be used for testing, if any one in the team is interested in debugging. I'm
> happy to provide access, provide a copy of the VM, install packages / do
> whatever. If server access is required please email me off list and i'll
> provide username/ssh key.
>
> I couldn't see a bug tracker on the website so I will list the steps to
> reproduce below:
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1) Log In:
> 2) Open 'record it now' (Press Alt + 2 type  'record it now' and enter  )
> 3) Select full screen record
> 4) Uncheck the sound recording option
> 5) Start recording
> 6) once it counts down and starts recording hit the stop button
>
> The session 'crash' is then triggered.
>
> This is on a fully up to date ( including backports ) version of Ubuntu
> 10.04
> using KDE and the X2go PPA.
>
> Debugging is turned on and there is nothing printed in syslog other than it
> appears the server restarts.
>
> Kind regards
> Andrew

- Ben S.