[X2go-Dev] Some feature requests for x2go-client (Windows), while we're at it...

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Nov 30 15:29:10 CET 2011

Did you have look at Mike's client? Although it's painful slow at
startup (at least the last time I checked) it might have the features
you are looking for.

Cheers
Morty

On 2011-11-30 15:06, Stefan Baur wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'd like to suggest two changes to the X2go Windows client, though
> they might make sense for the MacOS X and Linux Clients (when used on
> a "fat" Linux client) as well:
>
> 1) UI change:
> When the x2go-client is *not* used in thin-client mode, the session
> selection screen should not fill the entire screen. It should be the
> size of a single session item, like in the vertical bar on the right,
> or similar in size to the Nomachine NX client login screen.
>
> I fully understand that you need a screen-filling display mode when
> running on a thin client, so maybe there should be a command line
> option to select which UI mode is needed, and make the smaller one the
> default on Windows (and possibly Mac OS X as well) at compile-time.
>
> 2) Behavioral change:
> When a session is active, the Windows 7 task bar shows two windows:
> The remote desktop/application, as well as the session selection screen.
> In my opinion, the session selection screen should be hidden when a
> successful connection has been established. It should only pop up
> again if the session was terminated due to an error (application
> crash, loss of network connection, etc.). Again, this is similar to
> how NoMachine NX clients handle this.
>
> Just my 0,015 EUR.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Martensstr. 1
91058 Erlangen

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732