[X2go-Dev] New session param for .x2goclient/sessions file (was Re: Change Title of Frontend of Pyhoca)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Nov 30 10:00:39 CET 2011

Hi Alex, hi Edwin,

On Fr 25 Nov 2011 12:56:02 CET Edwin Hernán Hurtado Cruz wrote:

> That's Great!!!
>
> That solution works perfect for me!!!!
>
> Anyway, I was wondering If its possible to change it in the client-side...
>
> Thanks!!!

Today I have improved client-side session title renaming in
x2gostartagent (package: x2goserver).

And: I have added a session profile parameter to .x2goclient/sessions
when using pyhoca-gui (python-x2go).

The new session profile parameter's name is: sessiontitle.

If sessiontitle is set to a non-empty string, python-x2go will export
the env variable ,,X2GO_SESSION_WINDOW_TITLE before calling
x2gostartagent on the server-side.

The x2gostartagent script will notice that $X2GO_SESSION_WINDOW_TITLE
is defined and it will use this string as the session window title (+
X2GO-<session_id> in parentheses).

@Alex: could you please take a look at my latest x2goserver commits?
Maybe such a feature could be interesting for x2goclient itself. It
would be nice if we could use the same session profile parameter (i.e.
,,sessiontitle'').

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B