[X2go-Dev] Increasing Performance of X2Go

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Nov 5 15:30:03 CET 2011

Hi Werner,

On Sa 05 Nov 2011 13:13:52 CET Werner Kapferer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using X2Go for a week now and everything works just fine.
> There is just one thing annoying: the "bad" performance.
>
> Can you give me any tips, how I could increase my Performance when
> working over X2Go? My target is to play a youtube-video without lags.
>
> I'm using X2Go on a local network only.
>
> Thank you in advance,

Media playing is always discovering the bottlenecks of terminal server
solutions. Actually, X2Go is not designed to fulfill the need of
playing Youtube videos.

In professional setups I provided thin clients with a local browser
and flash and use those local browser for meeting such use cases.

And: with proper hardware and network toplogy, videos do play within
X2Go sessions, but only for a few users at once (1-2-3-4). So maybe
there is really something wrong with your setup. To get help with
that, please

   (1) subscribe to x2go-user mailing list and ask there (this is the
       developers' list and the list is not intended to discuss such issues)
   (2) send proper information on your X2Go setup

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B