[X2go-dev] x2goclient and ssh-agent

Heiko Baumann heiko at oss.hboss.de
Mon May 30 19:12:44 CEST 2011

 hi,

 if you enable ssh agent forwarding (ssh option -A or ForwardAgent in
 ssh_config) your agent connection is "forwarded" to the remote host.
 this way you can use your ssh-agent (and smartcard in my case) to login
 (or mount sshfs) to another host using your private key stored in you
 local ssh-agent. this works with a socket created in
 /tmp/ssh-<somerandomstring>/agent.<pid> on the ssh server/host.

 if i use a current x2goclient this socket is not created and so i
 cannot mount a directory from another host from within my x2gosession.

 regards
 heiko