[X2go-dev] installing/packaging X2go from tarball

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 09:28:04 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:

> No. The Makefile installs files. In the INSTALL file configuration work is
> described that has to take place after installation. The INSTALL file
> currently describes what the scripts in the /debian folder are doing.

I think I see now. Instead of the usual configure; make; make install
procedure, to use the git files I should do make install (step 1 from
INSTALL), and then follow the rest of the instructions in INSTALL
(steps 2 to 4, and optionally 5)?

> x2goserver depends on
>
>  o x2goagent
>  o nxcomp, nxcompext, nxcompshad
>
> I will take a look at them (esp. their Makefiles) today.

Thanks for looking at them. Does it matter what order all of those are
installed in?