[X2go-dev] Guacamole and x2go.

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Tue May 17 22:41:49 CEST 2011

Hello Vasilica,

Am 28.04.2011 13:12, schrieb Vasilica Petcu:
> Hello to all,
>
>     I'm interested in a possible html client for x2go. There is this
> project, Guacamole, which implements the HTML client for VNC protocol.
> Guacamole works as a wrapper for native client libraries, and has a
> extensible architecture, allowing to implement other protocols besides
> VNC. It does a tunneling via a Java Servlet.

Guacamole uses (as far as I know) - as any other ajax client I've seen
until now - the bitmap drawing function of the html tag "canvas". So if
you are using any other protocol as a source for the proxying servlet,
the "delivery" to the client will be "vnc like". This can of cause be
interesting for administration purpose but it will not be able to
deliver an identical user experience to x2go.

> if you're interested I am available to start working on this, with the
> help of x2go developers and guacamole developers to implement this
> protocol for the guacamole project, so we all can have the benefit of a
> html client.

I'm still interested in something like "drawing primitives" or "work on
intelligent bitmap caching" with the help of a browser.
But sure it would be a good thing to offer a already working "first
step" towards a plugin less browser client.
Please let me know if you need further informations that we can provide.

Regards,

Heinz