[X2go-dev] x2gousers group membership still a requirement on x2goserver?

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Tue May 17 18:01:29 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 16:56:06 (CEST), Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> Op 17-05-11 11:25, Mike Gabriel schreef:
>> Hi Morty,
>>
>> thanks for the quick reply...

>>> Nope, and has never been on our servers. Group-Checking would have to be
>>> reintroduced to the perl-script.
>>
>> Question to the community... Do people need group checking?
>
> What do you exactly mean with that?
>
> I don't want all users to be able to login with X2go. I don't like the
> automatic script what makes all excisting users a member of x2gousers
> without asking me.

that script is gone.

> What I would like is a default with no users, a script to add all users
> to the group, and a config-option what says: "all users may login, no
> need for membership of a group".

currently, the script does not do any restriction of that
kind. Generally, I'd suggest to forbid those user logging in completely
via pam_groups or similar.

If you really need the filtering back, please send a patch against the
x2gowrapper that implements checking the user membership and drops the
connection.

btw, this was discussed in length a few weeks ago.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4