[X2go-dev] Core and add-on X2go components (was Re: python-x2goserver API)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri May 13 08:48:53 CEST 2011

Hi Alex, hi all,

thanks a lot for your mail.

On Fr 13 Mai 2011 08:19:06 CEST Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

> Hallo Mike,
>
> I very glad that you starting to work on new project related to X2Go.
>
> However, I'm not sure, that it is a right place to discuss such
> projects. This is a "X2go-dev" list. It mean, that here is all about
> developing of X2Go. As you can see on http://www.x2go.org, X2Go
> components are: x2goclient/plugin, x2goserver, x2gothinclient,
> x2goadmintools.
>
> I am personally very glad, that there are new interesting projects
> related to x2go and I hope that we will have even more such projects in
> future, but I also think, that discussion of such projects in X2Go-dev
> list is off-topic.
>
> Possible, we should create a mailing list for discussing of x2go related
> projects such pyHoca and python-x2goserver API. What are you think about it?
>
> Regards,
> alex

I would love to see all work around X2go as one common project. I
understand that my Python contributions around X2go enlarge the
project context unexpectedly. My wish is to work together and develop
common concepts. That is the reason why I am posting these new ideas
at all(!).

If that is not Ok by Heinz and/or you or anyone else, I will be happy
to set up my own infrastructure for development and communication or
agree on having set up separate communication channels in the x2go.org
domain (or on BerliOS). But my fear is that the projects will then
divert. From my point of view this should be avoided.

Best,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B