[X2go-dev] x2gothinclient write problem

Markus Homburg zielscheibe at gmx.li
Thu May 12 12:21:15 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I have some strange issues with x2gothinclient.
For installing I used this manual:
http://wiki.x2go.org/installing_x2go_thin_client_environment_debian
Because of using squeeze instead of lenny I changed a couple
of things:
- debootstrap
- repos
- apt-get install x2gothinclient instead of x2gothinclientsystem
But that should not be the problem.

The tftp boot works like a charm, but in the NFS "bootsteps" I get come
errors/warnings:

[...]
cannot create /tmp/lean: Read-only file system
[...]
cannot create /var/run/utmp: Permission denied
[...]
cannot create /var/run/motd: Permission denied
[...]

There are some more errors and the problem is, in my opinion, that it is
not possible to write on /tmp, /var, etc.

The NFS-Share is exported "ro" as described in the documentation.

Should be there a "fake" writable /tmp, /var path or a special mountpoint?

Best regards
  Markus