[X2go-dev] x2go with Gnome 3 ?

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Thu May 5 19:26:35 CEST 2011

V Wed, 4 May 2011 09:26:52 +0200
Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com> napsáno:

> 2011/5/4 John Williams <jwilliams4200 at gmail.com>:
> > 2011/5/3 Milan Knížek <knizek.confy at volny.cz>:

> >> This is by the way the reason, why I am in a search for a GNOME
> >> replacement...
>
> Since you said you're looking for a replacement for Gnome, I want to
> add something: Xfce4-panel is able to run Gnome-panel applets, which
> may be very useful. I do think Xfce4 is a natural replacement if you
> want to stick with the Gnome2 experience while at the same time using
> software that's actively developed, more lightweight and more suitable
> for terminal servers. But LXDE is great too; I really love both of
> them. :)

A change is always a trouble: I got used to dockbarx GNOME applet (it
takes care about minimise/maximise/run_only_once, takes very little
space on the panel and works also without 3D effects), which should run
under xfce panel thanks to xfapplet. The trouble is, the latter applet
crashes in Arch linux).

I will investigate more when the time allows and let the list know.

regards,
Milan