[X2go-dev] VcXsrv clipboard issue

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Sun Mar 13 19:02:58 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Dick, hi list (esp. Phil+John - our VcXsrv gurus),
>
> On Sa 12 Mär 2011 13:24:37 CET Dick Kniep wrote:
>
> > Mike has developed a very nice python gui client. We are going to
> > use this with our product. However it seems that with the latest
> > version of VcXsrv (1.10.0) there is an issue with the clipboard.
> > Copying from my PC to the X-session works OK. However, the other
> > way
> > around does not.
> >
> > There is a new parameter --clipboardprimary that should alter the
> > behaviour of the clipboard. However it does not seem to make any
> > difference.
> >
> > Anyone else seen this behaviour and hopefully knows something to
> > solve this?
>
> Copy+paste between X2go client and X2go server with Windows (XP) as a
> client and VcXsrv as XServer does work. However, the behaviour is not
> as a normal user would expect it.
>
> 1.
> copy+paste _from_ Windows application _to_ unix application in X2go
> session
> -> works well
>
> 2.
> copy+paste _from_ unix application in X2go session _to_ Windows
> application does work, but...
>
> ... the user has to press CTRL+v (paste) and keep it pressed until
> the
> keyboard starts repeating the letter pressed (like pressing the key
> ,,v'' and holding it down for a bit and then you get
> ,,vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv'' - do that with STRG+v and you will see
> your string pasted into your Windows application).
>
> The above behaviour seems extraodinary. Has anyone else encountered
> such a pattern with VcXsrv (or any other Win32 XServer) and has an
> idea about it?
>
> @Phil: if you can confirm the described issue, could you cross-post
> it
> to the VcXsrv developer?
>
> Thanks+Greets,
> Mike

Mike et al,

I have forwarded the information to the VcxSrv dev directly on his business email; which I will not disclose.  Marc is awesome and will get these things sorted.

One area we have real issues with, which he cannot replicate, is the toggling of Num Lock between physical and X2Go sessions.  If you can break it please let me know with suitable steps.

Cheers, and when responding please take 30 seconds to think about the people in Japan.

Phil.