[X2go-dev] Looking for information on the future of x2go (and some other x2go-related stuff)

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Wed Mar 2 16:49:00 CET 2011

Hi John,

you wrote:

 >> 6) Is there any way to get sound working (especially in rootless mode,
 >> say, for Flash-based websites displayed in a remote Firefox/Iceweasel
 >> window) with Debian lenny or squeeze on the server side, and Windows
 >> on the client side? I've seen a few messages concerning sound issues
 >> in the list archives, but I'm not sure if I made a mistake during my
 >> test installation or if there is a general problem and I can stop
 >> banging my head against the wall until the developers declare that the
 >> issue is fixed.
<snip>
 >Sound is working nicely for us in Windows out of the box.  We did need
 >to use the Squeeze pulseaudio packages on the server side - John

I'm running Sqeeze as my test system, tried both esound and pulseaudio,
but I have no sound when playing youtube videos in a rootless Iceweasel
(Firefox) window.

No full Gnome or KDE desktop environment installed, so not sure if it
would work with a fullscreen session.

Client: X2Go Client 3.01-18, Windows 7 Home Premium

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur