[X2go-Dev] Fwd: [X2go-dev] minimum memory for thin client

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Jun 30 12:01:01 CEST 2011

Hi Michel,

On Do 30 Jun 2011 10:20:12 CEST "kamerun at immerda.ch" wrote:

> hello again,
>
> i send this mail one more time, sorry, but i had no answer and i
> need at least one: the minimum requirements for the x2go thin
> clients. why? i work now with alix boards and they are very good,
> may be to good (256 mb ram for a thin client is many as well as a
> 500 MHz cpu) i found thin client much cheaper with 64 mB ram i would
> like to test it, but i really don't know if it is enough for x2go
> thin client.
>
> i fly the 15. juli to europe. i really like to meet the people of
> x2go, if it is a possiblility, just tell me.
> africa could be a good place for x2go.
>
> michel

I have just tested the most recent X2go TCE on my netbook yesterday
and it used 41mb of its RAM.

The problem about low-RAM systems might be that the graphics adapters
are probably pretty week, as well. This should in any case be avoided.
Xorg can be a performance sucker, if the CPU or GPU is not fast
enough. 64mb RAM sounds like rather week hardware, so please beware.

About meeting: I'll be in Kiel in July, on holiday in August. Where
about in Germany will you stay?

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B