[X2go-Dev] more X2go at Gmane

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Jun 30 08:39:24 CEST 2011

Op 30-06-11 07:32, Mike Gabriel schreef:
> Hey Paul,
>
> On Mi 29 Jun 2011 23:51:52 CEST Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>> Op 29-06-11 20:53, Mike Gabriel schreef:
>> Pro read/write for gmane for the user and dev mailinglist, it's really
>> wrong to make them readonly.
>
> Ok, I will checkout how we can change this.
>
>> I don't know enough from the other lists.
>
> The others are ready-only anyway (no one can post via mailman, either).
>
>> What I miss is the announce list, what should be read-only.
>
> Got that, will be added.
>
>> I prefer normal mail adresses (but I am not sure this can give more spam
>> for people who are posting).
>
> That was my reason for obfuscation. More opinions on this?

I did take a closer look:

The obfuscation addresses are delivered too. They say they are running
anti-spam against it, but most mailservers are running anti-spam so I
think it does not help. It can even give more identical spam because you
have more e-mail addresses in this way.

And I think people who prefer a secret mail address will use some Gmail
or Yahoo address on mailinglists, and not the real address.

So in my opinion it's better to use no obfuscation.

Here is more information:
http://gmane.org/tmda.php

With regards,
Paul.