[X2go-Dev] nice, ionice with x2go?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Jun 28 06:43:13 CEST 2011

Hi John,

On Mo 27 Jun 2011 20:45:36 CEST John Williams wrote:

> Does
> there exist anywhere a short description of the jobs that x2go starts
> when it is invoked, and what each does?

Not yet. I have started a wiki page and would love to see the
x2goserver package containing man pages for all the important scripts
and binaries:

http://wiki.x2go.org/x2goserver

Any help appreciated...

> Currently I see:

> x2gocleansessions (root, PPID 0)

-> daemon cleaning up stale sessions

> x2goagent (user, PPID 1)

-> the NX based Xserver a session runs in. Probably re-nicing this might help.

> x2goruncommand (user, PPID 0)

-> The script launching a specific command (e.g. gnome-session,
startkde, etc.)

> ssh (.x2go) (user, PPID 0)

-> rev forwarding tunnel for audio

> sshfs (.x2go) (user, PPID 0)

-> local folder sharing

> but I am not sure which are important to responsivity, and which
> scripts started which processes (so I can edit the scripts to insert
> 'nice' commands).

You may try to re-nice x2goagent and maybe the command executed by
x2goruncommand (does the nice value get inherited to child
processes???).

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B