[X2go-Dev] x2go thin client environment connecting to server on internet?

christoffer at fleten.net christoffer at fleten.net
Sun Jun 19 20:26:16 CEST 2011

Quoting Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:

--- snip ---
>> Would this work, or do i need another approach? My plan was to
>> build  the PXE image on a testing server, and put it on a Cisco ASA
>> for  distributing.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by this... If you explained this a bit
> more in detail I might give some comments on your question. (but:
> subscribe to the list first and use the subscription mail address
> for  posting afterwards...).
--- snip ---

Hello again Mike. Posting on this list was actually an accident due to
a misclick. I was going to post it on X2go-users instead.

Regarding the Cisco ASA, it's basically a firewall that also supports
the TFTP protocol, and that can function as a pxe server. This would
make enrolling the solution as easy as plugging a USB stick into the
firewall and configuring it.

The big question, i think, is wether or not an image could be built on
one X2go TCE server, and transferred to the ASA for delivery.