[X2go-dev] minimum memory for thin client

kamerun at immerda.ch kamerun at immerda.ch
Wed Jun 8 18:06:58 CEST 2011

hello,

i work now more and less 2 years with an x2go network in cameroon and it
works fine, so thanks for your work. i would like to participate, but
here the situation is crazy: in few years we will no more recognise
africa and the technical level of the discussion is too high

question 1
i would like to know the minimum of memory for x2go thin clients, i have
read the x2go docu and google but i don't find the answer. i know that
we need 64 mb for ltsp, i suppose it is a more for x2go thin client, so
how much it is?

question 2
as our connection here in cameroon is very poor, we have done in europe
a repository usb hard drive, it works well. i have done a script to
install a x2go server and it goes very fast: less than 15 minutes the
x2go server is working, if interesse i can post the script.

question 3
i come to europe begin of july for 2-3 months, i would like to meet
people to experience installation, use of x2go, exist a workshop or
something like this in the holiday period? with a cameroonian woman and
some friends, we want introduce low power network (one x2go server 4
client) with solar power and with x2go.

hope to see you
michel

kamerun at immerda.ch