[X2go-Dev] core dev-team testing x2goclient during next week

Oleksandr Shneyder oleksandr.shneyder at obviously-nice.de
Thu Jul 28 08:46:20 CEST 2011

Am 27.07.2011 18:44, schrieb John A. Sullivan III:

> Hi, Alex.  Although the packing and multi-session problems have
> mysteriously vaporized as I reported elsewhere, I can confirm that we
> still have the following:
>
> 1) Full screen toggles do not work in Windows - no magic pixel,
> AltCtl-M, AltCtl-F.
>
> 2) AltTab does not work as expected in Full Screen mode - in fact,
> rather than scroll through the X2Go desktop applications, it is
> currently the only way to break out of full screen!

1 and 2 are xvcsrv issues. As I can remember, It was your idea to start
X in full screen mode by full screen X2Go session. The magic pixel and
AltCtl-M, AltCtl-F are possible to use only with window manager (on
windows only if vcxsrv started in rootless mode). The only way to do
this with vcxsrv in full screen mode is find a WID of vcxsrv and send
WS_MINIMIZE to it main window. To make it possible we should modify both
- x2goagent and x2goclient. My opinion - it is wrong idea. Vcxsrv should
be started in rootless mode even for full screen X2Go sessions. If it is
not working correctly, we should communicate with developers of vcxsrv
to solve this issue.
The same is with alt+tab. This events should catch vcxsrv. You can
specify by x2goclient the X-server you want to use and the command line
arguments to starting it. As far as you find a best combination of
vcxsrv version and command line arguments I'll make it default.

> 3) I get a knotify: no process found error when exiting the Windows
> session.

old workaround for kde3, I'll take care about it.

> 4) Evolution selection (as a representative graphics issue) is still
> painfully slow

Still can not reproduce it. But even if I can, it is a nxlib problem and
will be not easy to solve. All output of nxlibs you can find on client
and server side in ~/.x2go folder. Have you this problem only with
recent versions of nx or was it always present? If it is a new problem,
please find a last version of nxlibs without this problem, it can help
to find a bug by researching of changelogs and diffs.

regards
--
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik