[X2go-Dev] 3.99 Testing - Multiple X2goclient instances fail

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Jul 27 18:18:16 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 09:33 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 14:41 +0200, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
> > Am 27.07.2011 14:33, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> > > Hi Alex,

> > > Thanks for all your testing!!!!
> > >
> > > If I recall John correctly, her meant:
> > >
> > >   start x2goclient, connect to session A as user A
> > >   start another x2goclient, also connect to session A as user A
> > >       (that is a second session as the same user to the same server)
> > >
> > > John, could you please cross-check this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mike
> > >

> > As I understood, John meant, connecting with user A to server A, start
> > second client and connecting as user B to server B. But it does not
> > matter, I've tried all variants:
> >
> > A->A
> > B->B
> >
> > A->A
> > B->A
> >
> > A->A
> > A->B
> >
> > A->A
> > A->A
> >
> > regards,
> > alex
> <snip>
> Oleksandr is correct - two separate users connected to two separate X2Go
> servers.  I can do the initial connection but, within a few seconds, the
> first session times out.  I've seen this myself on Debian and Windows XP
> and another tester confirmed it on Windows 7 64 bit.  I'll try to dig
> out more details.  Thanks very much for investigating - John
<snip>
OK - now this is bizarre - after days of it not working on Squeeze, it
decided to work today when I tested. All right, who changed things while
I wasn't looking! I'll give Windows a test later but I do know I wasn't
imagining this and we had another tester confirm the same phenomenon.
I'll check again with them, too.  Thanks - John