[X2go-Dev] Command line alternatives to x2goclient-cli

Daniel Lindgren bd.dali at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:46:39 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

2011/7/27 Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:
>> - An option to automatically resume an existing session if there is
>> one or create a new one if there isn't.
>
> http://code.x2go.org/horde4/whups/ticket/?id=86

Thanks!

>> - An option to suspend a running session if the windows is closed, not
>> terminate it. Makes it possible to start pyhoca-cli in the background.
>
> This is actually the case. It now depends on the session mode you use:
> desktop, shadow or rootless.
>
> If you close a rootless session window (e.g. a firefox running on the X2go
> server), then of course the firefox application gets close and thus the
> session terminated.
>
> If you close a desktop session window (e.g. a GNOME desktop) then the
> session gets suspended...
>
> If you close a window with a shadow session (option --share-desktop) then
> the shadow session gets terminated, but not so the session that the shadow
> session was connected to.

OK, thanks for the info. I didn't set the session type at all, the
command line I use looks like this (with added "-t desktop"):

pyhoca-cli --server servername -c gnome-session -u username -k
~/.ssh/id_dsa --add-to-known-hosts --sound none --kbd-layout se
--kbd-type pc105/se -g 1238x929 --pack 16m-png-9 -t desktop

I'm having trouble closing the window, nothing happens. I've tried
clicking the close window control, choosing "Close" from the window
menu and hitting Alt+F4 ... nothing. Minimize and maximize window
controls work.

If I start a session with x2goclient-cli to the same server I can
close the window, i.e. it shouldn't be a server issue.

I'm using pyhoca-cli version 0.1.4.1 on Debian Squeeze, the server is
also Debian Squeeze with x2goserver 3.0.99.5.

Cheers,
Daniel