[X2go-Dev] 3.99 Testing - Very serious issues with image packing

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Jul 22 00:00:38 CEST 2011

Hi John,

On Do 21 Jul 2011 23:45:25 CEST John Williams wrote:

> Is there some way to enable debugging or very detailed logging with
> the Windows x2go client? With all the different problems people are
> seeing, it seems the only chance at solving them is to have detailed
> logs.

Actually, there come a lot of parts together:

   x2goclient -> NX application launcher
   nxproxy, x2goagent, NX libs
   vcxsrv

> The problem is bizarre. When running firefox (4 or 5), if I have one
> tab open with gmail, and another tab, then sometimes the firefox menus
> and toolbar almost completely freeze up and firefox stops responding
> (technically, it seems to be responding once every minute or so, one
> click at a time). At first I thought this was a firefox bug, but then
> I found that after firefox started freezing, sometimes it would freeze
> up the rest of my applications (gnome-terminal, thunderbird, etc.) and
> then release them again in a minute. Also, it NEVER happens with
> x2goclient 3.01-13. I can install 3.99, start a session, have the
> problem, then suspend the session, install 3.01-13, resume the
> session, and the problem is gone. But if I resume the session again in
> 3.99, sometimes the freezes happen again. And sometimes not. I haven't
> figured out a repeatable way to get the freezes, but they do seem to
> require a firefox tab with gmail open.

This sounds like there are different threads (one that launches
nxproxy, some that handle SSH tunnels, etc.) and it feels as if these
threads get not as much CPU attention as necessary.

@Alex: hope you are reading all of this...

Cheers,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B