[X2go-Dev] sound on x2gothinclient

Coco coco_3_5 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 05:27:41 CEST 2011

Markus Homburg <zielscheibe at ...> writes:

> > You can use 3 different Audio Frameworks with x2go - esd, arts and
> > pulse. As lenny still uses Kde 3.5, arts is preconfigured for
> > redirecting sound. If you wan't to use pulse, you'll need to install it
> > inside the thin client environment.
> > As Kde 3.5 has no audio "module" for pulseaudio this is not explained in
> > the old manual. I'll add this to the wiki soon.
> >
> > best regards,
> >
> > Heinz
>
> Hello Heinz,
>
> I have some problems to redirect the sound with arts under Debian Lenny.
> So what I did was to install die x2goserver-one and the thinclient
> (PXE,NFS,etc...) and it works so far. That means I can connect
> to the server and change the windowmanager and the resolution and so on.
> But there is no sound on the client! When I play a song it will be
> played on the server not on the client. Which are the correct settings
> for arts on KDE:
> Enable networked sound?
> Select the audio device: Autodetect?
> Is there a special file to edit?
>
> best
>   Markus

Hello,

I just install the x2go TCE on squeeze, everything is working like a charm
after some minor modifications :

- Delete pcspkr from blacklist because we hear it click if not.
- Link the /dev/shm on TCE server with the x2go /etc/network/run
to avoid an error message (ifupdown failed) at startup

It still remain one problem wich is quite important because it's all about sound.

I can't get any sound from my soundcard and it's hard to know why.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks.