[X2go-dev] VcXsrv

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Jan 30 09:11:57 CET 2011

Hi John,

On Sa 29 Jan 2011 21:50:43 CET "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

> The last question is interesting and I really don't know the answer.  If
> I recall correctly, X2Goclient does not officially support running more
> than one simultaneous client.  I do it all the time, however - right now
> in fact! I do generate errors.  Typically the previous running session
> will generate an error about failing to connect on port 30001 but
> nothing seems to break.  Thanks - John

multi-sessions are not supported officially but do work indeed. In
PyHoca-GUI my main focus was being able to handle multiple sessions on
multiple servers (so the essential XServer mode is multi-window) with
the same client.

The port forwarding failures are not related to x2goclient itself but
result from a somehow irregular behaviour in the SSH server code. If
you request a port forward from SSHd and do not cancel that request
the SSHd denies port forwarding for a certain period of time...

Cheers,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B