[X2go-dev] VcXsrv

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Fri Jan 28 20:44:16 CET 2011

Hi John,

Am 28.01.2011 17:55, schrieb John A. Sullivan III:
> Even if we ultimately standardize on vcxsrv, I suggest we still keep the
> option to not install it in the installer and the option to use Other in
> the client for those who already have a commercial (or future FOSS)
> Windows X Server.  At least, that's how we thought it through.  Thanks -
> John

I would suggest not to make this part of the installer. Of cause it
should be part of the client configuration. The problem I see by
modifying the installer is that some companies have already made the
client installer part of their software deployment solution (a lot of
people asked for a "silent install option").
As the installer is addressed to normal users, this might be a bit
confusing.

Regards,

Heinz