[X2go-dev] VcXsrv

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Jan 28 16:48:46 CET 2011

On 01/28/2011 07:47 AM, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
> What we can do now:
> - Wait until this issues will be fixed
> or
> - We can provide x2goclient installer with VcXsrv (no resizing of DE and
> buggy resizing of single applications on windows xp), but x2goplugin
> with Xming
> or
> - We can provide x2goclient with Xming, but make it configurable to
> launch other Xserver.
> Please give us your opinion!
>

> Regards,
> Alex

Alex,
    For clients, there should be a default (Xming) that just installs if
the user does not do a "custom" install action.

    If the user choses to do "custom" install then there should be a
choice to install whatever Xserver they like and pass a custom argument
string to it.

    For plugin, there should be choice of plugins that can be offered by
webserver.  One built w/Xming, the other w/VcXsrv.  That way either one,
or both could be offered to users.

Regards,
Gerry