[X2go-dev] re Project Management

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Thu Jan 27 21:26:14 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 20:55:28 (CET), Mike Gabriel wrote:

> Hi Moritz,
>
> On Do 27 Jan 2011 18:55:51 CET Moritz Struebe wrote:
>
>> Hi Heinz,
>>
>> don't put too much work into it. We already started at
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~siretart/+archive/x2go and it's probably
>> not worth doing it twice.
>> Basically the code is imported from our git-repo (
>> http://i4git.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/ ) and then built on
>> launchpad.
>> x2goagent gave us some trouble, but we hope it will build tonight.
>> The x2go clients are next on our todo-list. That way we should have  a
>> minimal system up and running soon. At the moment we are only
>> building for lenny as this is the plattform we test on. Once
>> everything is running there must be a transition from this "private"
>> environment to a more open one, of course. But we want to be able to
>> walk, before we start running. :)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Morty
>
> as I understand your current way of handling things you are actually
> forking X2go for a university internal project. I am completely fine
> with a fork, but the please:
>
>   (a) state it officially as a fork
>   (b) name the project differently

I still hope that we can find another solution for this. We are mainly
interested in deploying x2go here, and have started to contribute by
reporting several security issues in x2go.

> My main point is that you do not at all cooperate, discuss next steps
> etc. You are just doing your thing. But maybe I missed part of the
> discussion (private correspondence?)...
> Complete disapproval of your communication methods,

Well, what we did until know is not much. We've injected x2go sources
into our already existing git infrastructure and are using launchpad to
build the branches to debian packages, in order to have an easy way to
deploy and test patches and packages.  I haven't actually tried this out
myself, so before promising something that doesn't work, I wanted to try
it out before in order to have something to show and offer to
you. That's why I asked Morty to not announce that yet.

Anyway, please state your requirements for cooperation. The first
requirement was that the server needs to be in Germany, which we
meet. We've already offered you access to our infrastructure and have
explained you what we currently have and have done. What's left?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4