[X2go-dev] Project Managemant (Was: Repository for Squeeze)

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Jan 26 12:41:13 CET 2011

Hi,

we had an internal discussion and the result was that we need a working
repository infrastructure. As Reinhard is familiar with building
packages we decided to start building the infrastructure ourselves. The
first repositories are already there. The rest will follow the next
days.  Please understand, that for different reasons, I will take the
management of _this_ infrastructure (including granting rights,
accepting or denying patches). Contributions in form of Git patches
(git-send-email) are welcome. I can grant write access to the
repositories as necessary. This isn't about taking over the project, but
getting something  we need done, quickly.
You can see the first, very early results at:
http://i4git.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/

Cheers
Morty

Am 26.01.2011 08:06, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Hi Heinz, hi Morty,
>
> On Di 25 Jan 2011 22:47:16 CET "Heinz-M. Graesing" wrote:
>
>> Maybe it would be an idea to help us in this point. As I've pointed out
>> before, we a looking for a public git hosting opportunity which can be
>> administrate by mike. It should be capable to host the new
>> function/package orientated structure (different gits) and needs to be
>> located in germany. As a result of the "discussion" in october we can't
>> host it by our own (without running into trouble). Mike can do this by
>> himself, but maybe there is a solution which would speed up this
>> progress.
>
> +1 from me!
>
> @Morty: if you are interested in hosting the X2go Git that's perfectly
> fine with me. If there is a yes on your side we should get started
> with planning ASAP. What is your favorized setup etc.? I guess you are
> the more experienced person about code repositories, so I will be
> grateful for any learning input.
>
> Greetings,
> Mike

Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Martensstr. 1
91058 Erlangen

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732