[X2go-dev] Project Managemant (Was: Repository for Squeeze)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Jan 24 17:05:06 CET 2011

Hi Moritz and others,

NB! please cc me on responses: I am not subscribed here.

Moritz Struebe wrote:
>Am 24.01.2011 15:36, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>>
>> we (Heinz, Mike, Jonas Smedegaard) are currently forming a Debian
>> packaging team and are discussing / working towards a Debian ITP for
>> X2go...
>>
>> We need to go still a little futher but once we have some definite
>> news, I/we will let you know.
>
>Is there a reason for doing so off list? I can totally understand if
>you ignore other peoples comments for efficiency reasons, but for me it
>feels like there is only little progress (especially as this is going
>on since oktober) and the first result wasn't very helpful.

My interest - and skill - is in packaging for Debian.  I have no special
interest in x2go development itself, only in packaging resulting public
and Free code for Debian.  Therefore i am not subscribed here.

About a week ago I was contacted privately by Heinz, and later by Mike.
I have no reason to believe any of them deliberately intended to keep
that conversation private - it just happened like that.  I am a strong
proponent of transparent communication, and you are most welcome in the
future to cc me on discussions happening here which you feel I might
have a relevant say in.

As soon as we have a mailinglist for the Debian packaging effort up, our
Debian packaging discussions will take place there - fully transparent
as here.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

P.S. Thanks to Reinhard for bringing this thread to my attention!