[X2go-dev] New thoughts on Git in progress...

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jan 20 14:21:48 CET 2011

Hi there,

as setting up the new (IMO over engineered) GIT seems to be a longer
process, would it be possible to set up the old GIT and then migrate
from that  (At the moment it's not possible to compile from GIT)? That
would allow others to keep on working and synchronize there work.
Especially the patches from Phil sound promising. Once the new
design/concept is worked out it shouldn't be too hard merge things.
Especially when the movements are done within GIT and not outside.

Cheers
Morty

P.s: It might also be worth checking the "Time to Leave Monotone
Behind"-Thread over at Pidgin:
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2011-January/thread.html as they are
discussing similar things.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty