[X2go-dev] VirtualBox or KVM and x2go from Mac

Neil W. Hunt nwhunt at vsticorp.com
Fri Jan 7 13:50:22 CET 2011

Florian,

sorry for the delay in response, or for the double-post if someone's already help you solved your issue, but I thought I'd chime in as I may have had something similar. I have KVM running on an Ubuntu host and connect to it via virt-manager. At home on my Mac, I connect to it either directly via X11/SSH, or connect to my desktop via NX/x2go at work, and then to virt-manager on that desktop. In each case, the keyboard mapping is off by default when I type on a Mac - anything typed into the console view in virt-manager is mapped incorrectly. I have a workaround and that's to set each VM's keyboard mapping directly. If you run
virsh edit YourVMName

then set the node <graphics> with an additional element keymap to 'en-us' like so:
<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' listen='127.0.0.1' keymap='en-us'/>

and then all my mac keys worked fine.

Hope this helps,
Neil